Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Remembering to Simply Remember

As I sit here and I am trying to find understanding to present my day through words but really there is a lack of need to go fully in depth. Today in one aspect was draining, I was emotionally exhausted from a single event that left me reeling and eventually curled up in a fetal position for an hour with Sarah to just distress. In this single moment of frustrated pain of looking back at it in reflection I realize that I can not forget to remember the small victories that occurred today.

Victory number one comes to us in a little over six pounds who is now a week past being told would not make it and two weeks past fighting hard to enter the world. Miss Sarah Rou is two weeks old, and already has the ability to have you fall head over heels for her, suck like crazy on your finger and know that human touch is exactly what she needs. Through her I have learned to truly love and give all to God, become a human pacifier and a body pillow for all hours of the night and comforts.

The second one is watching my little guy Walden who lives down in Heaven’s Waiting Room and I originally fell in love with summer of 2006 find his ability to become un trapped from his body. I had him on my lap today and he is slumped on top of me due to his inability to move his arms, legs or hold up head very much. He has gathered movement over the last couple years but always out of control. His body does not line up with his mind but through it all he has an amazing smile of recognition. I am holding up this cloth block in front of him today and telling him to grab it. I keep it in his line of site and just keep him interacting with it. His hand is all over the place but suddenly he is touching the block. I give a holler of praise and see if this was on purpose, sure thing he is connecting his twisted hand to the block time after time. Also, in this I am also able to talk to him and he answers in the noises of trying to respond. He is my boy and he is breaking out of his entrapment one movement at a time.

So, as today was a day to find enjoyment and victory in the small things of life.

1 comment:

Debbie B said...

I love reading your posts! I continue to pray for you and your kids. Sarah Rou is Beautiful.