Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Invasion

The pain of lost is still very raw as I avoid the baby orphanage because of an empty crib but I am noticing something in the pain. I am noticing joy; it starts off very subtle, hovering around simple tasks. It slowly invades my time with Sarah as she snores noisily in my arms, down in Heaven’s Waiting Room having me ask to give kisses and watching my Den Den flop into my lap and lower his head so I can lavish kisses and seeing John and Steven wait patiently for there turn. It is seeing Walden fight in his crippled body for my attention and in the accomplishment, seeing his eyes light up. It invades my quiet times and the understanding that I have a big God. It invades the times of playing cards with the others missionaries and knowing I couldn’t ask for a better family while I am away from mine. Now, tears still come but out of selfish motivation of simply wanting my Jude here not in the arms of my Jesus. As Jude is being held by my Jesus I am convinced he is being sung “Hey Jude” … probably not as off key… and in that the JOY invades.


I’ll convert their weeping into laughter, lavishing comfort, invading their grief with JOY!
Jeremiah 31:13

2 comments:

Nowell Daycare Staff said...

I love you~

Bunny Sharp said...

Hi again, I loved that verse. Will have to mark it in the front of my bible so I will remember it when I need to share it. Thanks for always being a great encourager to everyone, there and here!