Friday, August 22, 2008

Meeting the Family


So my bedroom has over the last couple days has been torn apart, shelves have been put in, painted, reorganized, and has slowly become a bedroom for me, a nursery for Sarah, my office and the Handicap depot and people it is only 10 by 6 (Martha Steward has nothing on me and my ability to organize) So, in this process I have made havoc with the porch section in front of my room, I have had every item I have owned, personal, books, toys, crafts, ect. spread out. It looks like I could be having a garage sale.

So, I am running back and forth in an organization frenzy today when I hear a familiar noise, my name is gargled out and quickly followed by car. I peer over the side of the railing down to the court yard below to see my Den Den peering up at me with a big ear to ear grin. Now, I realize that my little secret that I have a trunk load of Tonka type trucks has been leaked. He continues to repeat “car” in hope that I am hooked. I relent into that beautiful smile of him and figure having him up here won’t delay much. So he come clambering up the stairs to the best of his ability. I am almost out of the woods when the little punk hollers down to his friends ( I amply have named him, john and Sten the 3 Musketeers) and yep there you go all 3 (including my one girl Mary Julie) come clambering out, well my thought process quickly went from organization queen to crowd control, they love boxes and the process of empting them (grrrrrr!)

Well, I finally get all four over to my patio and promptly tell them I need to finish organizing they can find something they like and play for the time being. All but one follow heed, they break out there favorite toys and go to town. The only one who is flopping over to my doorway hollering at me is my Den Den. I proceeded to tell him that I need to get organized and that his favorite Trucks were in the giant bin next to the stairs and he simply ignores me. “Den Den there is no toys in there.” Does he listen? Nope, he continues to point and holler at something. “Den Den the only thing in there is baby Sarah”… that is quickly followed by his excited “Yep Yep!” I stared at him and his constant movement of life and then very slowly ask… “Den Den do you want me to get you baby Sarah.”… “Yep” a smile explodes across his face. I slowly gathered Sarah in my arms and apologized for any sudden movement she might experience, reach down and place her in Den Dens lap… his movement was stilled by Sarah’s 7 pound form, he just stares down at her and smiles. I then realize that he was a proud older brother in a way and simply needed me to recognize that. As I placed Sarah back in the crib I heard Den Den mutter “Love you ‘arah” then very quickly followed by him reaching for a truck.

No comments: