Friday, August 15, 2008

Mini Vacation

So, me, Sarah, and 5 others here from the mission decided due to the lack of electricity, water and over abundance of heat and humidity that a mini vacation was needed. So, plans to go out to the Far West to visit with Curtis and Danielle at their mission next to a beautiful beach and nice whether were put into action. Our original plan was to be gone from Thursday to Saturday but that got changed to Friday. So, Friday morning we headed off, I had Sarah in another fun wrap sitting in cab. We arrived to nice weather, a little gloomy but not to bad. The rest of the day played out as we had lunch, me finding the most comfortable rocker and just refusing to move, and then making and eating an amazing dinner. We had fun being in each others presence and went to bed under a stormy sky and the great threat of a tropical storm. I toughed it out in my tent with Sarah against the really strong winds till 5 and then it won and I retreated to a couch. We woke in the morning to the fear of being flooded in so had to cut the adventure to an amazing, pretty beach for what I hear to another time and headed home. It was a fun relaxing time and the first overnight trip Sarah and I have experienced together, and we both survived.

No comments: