Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Oh, If You Could Have Seen Us

Who knew that this quiet Wednesday morning would turn into something that needed to be written down in the memory book. So, in this quiet morning I am asked by Matt, if I wanted to go to the local market and explore. Now, not knowing what “explore” all entailed I simply said yes then remember to look down at the little bundle that was happily using me as a pillow and in that wondered what to do with her. I busied myself for the next 15 minutes finding the appropriate baby wrap and then using all my patients in following directions. The end result was comical but useful so we proceeded out the mission gates toward quite an adventure. The walk is about 45 minutes- ish but I wouldn’t really know we used a Tap Tap. A Tap Tap is there form of Taxi but totally out does New York style taxis hand down. They are pick up trucks with a wrap around bench if you’re lucky. So, we climbed aboard and headed toward the market. This market peaks it face out every Wednesday and Saturday and it is like a swap meet type style. People show up at the river bank selling everything, it is in a way there Walmart. So, on this adventure I bought a diaper pail (cause thank you very much I am conquering cloth diapers) and a rad mosquito net tent for Sarah that zips her in safe from what I like to label “Flying Death.” So, on the way back is when the memory book needed to be quacked open, I Courtney Pierce now mind you with Sarah Rough wrapped to my chest hopped on the back of a Moped and headed back to the mission. Only in Haiti is what pops into my head every time I retail the story of me on a Moped with not even a month old baby. Oh, if only you could have seen us, it was quite an adventure.

No comments: