Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Jimson



I did it again, well I done it a total of 14 times but am introducing to you one of those numbers personally. I fell head over heels and this time it was with Jimson, eventually your get stories and names to all my kids. I met Jimson in the back of a room where he was hanging out in a space that at once used to be a closet. He is about 13 years old and in this world of labels would have "not there" "severly disabled" slapped to his forehead, in my eyes though I just saw someone who just needed a little extra personal attention, enough patience to be willing to enter his world and be okay with it. So, I took the plunge and well you better believe I would not trade it for the world. I took his crooked little hand today and led him out of that space and into my world, that or he led me into his, who knows except that he has become my walking partner, we walked around campus today and I enjoy sitting with him on the bench as he takes in everything through his filter and I get to join him.

No comments: