Friday, October 31, 2008

Play it Till the Whistle Blows

I got sucked into the very tale end of a “sports movie” today, I hesitated in front of the television willing give my time surly not for the sports attributes, cause ya’ll all know, I know and care about the difference in like foot ball verses soccer… but because I know all great sports movie really have nothing to do with sports at all. They usually deal with some great humanitarian issue and hi have we met. So, I am captured by the actor on scene getting into character in his seventy looking outfit playing a coach faced with a team that is dealing with devastating lost of human life. They were standing on a cemetery surrounded by the memories of six of their team members death shortly a year earlier and I don’t know how the movie climax was building up to this point but you knew that it was raw with emotion, grief, anger and differences in the struggle to deal with every day life after such a loss. He word painted this amazing picture when he talked about facing their opponents on the field that day. He explained how yes the other team runs faster, there stronger, bigger and on paper better and they know it. He looked in each person in the eyes and whispered “Do you know what they don’t have?... They don’t have heart.” He continues to paint this picture of going out to that field with everything they got in their heart, from the bottom of their toes to the top of their head. He gave a quote that resided in me past being words from a cheesy sports movie to something that crept into parts of my soul and reverberated truth- “If you lay your heart on the line until the very last whistle blows and if you truly do that, you cannot loose.” Meaning I am going to love despite the hurt, love in the hurt, love until it hurts; I get the JOY of loving no matter what. Loving one hundren percent! Yea, this world is big and bad sometimes but I am deciding right here and now that I am going to give it my all no matter what, going to give it my all until my Jesus calls me home and in that I will not lose! Going to play it till the whistle blows!

1 comment:

Bunny Sharp said...

Hi athere, I absolutely loved this one. Your game is a hard one to play with a lot of hurting in the offering, but your willing heart that is determined to love at all cost is all that our Lord requires. He is with you as you walk this path he has called you to walk with Him. I love the saying that if He calls you to it He will see you through it and we know he will. You have grown so much in such a short time! Thanks for being His light shining so brightly!!

Love you,