Friday, October 17, 2008

Grasping Hope



It has been a little over a month and a half since greif invaded my life. This month and a half has been consumed of learning how to live life without my Sarah Rou. Learning that she won't be there when I wake, won't be there to pick up and sooth my worries away or to be able to show off as what real beauty looks like in a seven pound bundle. It has been a month and a half of knowing how it feels to have your heart physically ache, a month and a half of learning not to go back to the details of that day of grief and get lost in trying to make it different. A month and an half of learning how to breath normal again.

It has been month and a half of learning what it TRULY means to grasp onto HOPE. To wrapt my little fingers in a way around my Jesus' heart in the promise of His love. Grasping onto HOPE with everything I got as this month and a half will expands into a life time away from my little girl but there is HOPE through that love I got to experience with her. On July 25th I got a perfect image of what pure love looks like when holding her for the first time and then on September 2nd when I had to hold her that one last time before having to place her in that tiny box I got a perfect glimpse of the amazing stubborn compassion that is our Jesus and the heartache He has that wrapts around this broken world. I have HOPE.

No comments: