Friday, July 25, 2008

What a Fighter!



I heard her story way before I got the chance to hold her for the first time. Her story was heartbreaking and she had only been in the world for less then a day. She was born about 7 hours away from the compound up in the hills into a family with 4 other kids. She was born disfigured, part of her upper lip was missing, she had no inside top roof of her mouth and she had extra fingers. She was labeled cursed and was brought to our door step to be fixed or hidden. They didn't want her unless she was made perfect and they didn't refer to her as human but a item of some sort. When surgery wasn't an option seeing how she was barely 2 days old they informed us that she would be killed by their hands or their village if we didn't keep her. I went and found Heather who is one of the big dogs here and asked that if she was kept by us and seeing how I am here for a year if I could help take care of her. I was told yes and plans were made. This arrangement gives her the one on one attention she needs and keeps her immune system protected. The parents signed her over and I gave her a name. As of last night she spent the first of many, many night with me. She has special needs seeing how she can't use a bottle, has fluids in her lungs and overall being only 2 days old. I learned how to tube feed her. Her name everyone is Sarah Rou and she is beautiful!

3 comments:

Grandma Alice said...

Hi Courtney,

God is good increating this kind
of internet connection.

I will pray for you.
Still Grandma Alice

Bunny Sharp said...

Oh Courtney, I knew God has special plans for you and now he has blessed baby Sarah with a Mommy to love her so deeply. Your story brought tears, but ones of joy as once again I see just how awesome God is in providing for our needs. I am going to share you story with a friend from church (one of my Thailand Team mates) whose grandson was born with a hole in the roof of his mouth, but today is perfect, so she will pray as well.

Love you and am so proud of you and how you give all you have to love these special children.

Bunny

Debbie B said...

Courtney,
Sarah shared your story of baby Sarah today in class. God is so good. We talked about how to know the will of God in your life, your story is an example of allowing God to use you for His glory! I will continue to pray for his mercy and healing for little Sarah. She has the best mommy ever! You are a blessing in my life.
So glad to be able to keep in touch.
"ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints,I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers." Eph.1:15
Love, Debbie Burgner