Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Let me tell you about my week, then about my God!

Okay, let me tell you about my week, it started about the week before I am ready to leave on the 18th and I am running non stop and I got really sick. I am notified through email that my mentor Jodie who I will be working under in Haiti is extremely sick and needs to be flown back to the states. So, the night before the morning of my flight, I'm exhausted to the point of non functioning. I collapse onto my bed with four un packed bags and about nine hours to go and I am woken by the sounds of frustration, the airlines have limited my ability to bring bags to only two. So the next day I am a exhausted traveler on the way for a 2 day journey to Haiti with one months supply of clothing for at least 5 months. I arrive to Haiti after a 7 hour bus ride on the back seat that is not connected to anything. Arriving sore I am greeted with no place to really call my own for the next month and my suitcase of clothes that I left in the Spring that would help me get to December is moldy.

So that is my week, now let me tell you about my God. My God is amazing, He took a very broken, tired and scared person and gave comfort by taking control. My God provided me with family and friends who were up till 3 o’clock in the morning of my departure packing my bags, calling the airport and making sure I was okay. They were there making sure I knew I were be loved and knowing I would be missed. My God provided me with a couch in air-condition and new faces and story to meet while in Haiti. He provided me with a couple baggy shirts and encouragement. He provided me with Haitian lady’s who can scare mold out of everything. My God provided me with my six month Jude who can totally roll over and hold his head up and the best thin is smile and laugh. My God provided me with His promise to love me and hold me and protect me. My God is in control even if I can’t see it. A friend once told me, if “If I can’t hold onto My Jesus there isn’t much to live for.” I’ve got my faith! I thank you all for getting me this far and then staying with me for this journey. I am not sure what’s in store but again I got my Jesus.

1 comment:

Bunny Sharp said...

Hi Seet Girl, Now you have been on enough mission trips to know better than to expect it to go smoothly! You know so well that the enemy does not want you to make a difference in his dark spaces, but boy is he in for a shock. We have such a big God!!! I was thrilled to hear about Jude. How awesome.

Just know you are loved and have so many praying you through whatever is to come.

Love, Bunny