Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Enjoying these rare moments...

So I got the great joy to be part of this rare moment in the lives of one of my little one's in Heaven's Waiting Room. I am organizing toys that were brought in for them for developmental use and I had Den Den a little boy up with me who has cerebral palsy and has little to none fine motor skills. He was enjoying the process of seeing all the toys I have. Were having fun touching the play dough and stringing up the beads and we get to the bag of cars and I see his face light up. He dumps them out and they are all shapes and sizes and he is getting his kicks because a couple makes noise. So in having his attention I grab this blue police car and push a small lever and the car takes off about 3 feet, and lights up. Oh you should have seen the look on Den Den's face. He clapped for joy and pulled himself over to it. So, I am about to get to me feet to walk over and push the lever cause there is no way he can push it himself where I get a glimpse of one overcoming hard circumstances and soaring. Den Den with out losing a beat knocks the car in front of himself with his uncontrolled hands, then when everything is lined up gets his toes and pushes the button by using his feet. It was rad! he does this about 20 times, pushes it with his toes, watched is take off, laugh and then drag himself over to it where he does it all again. In the end I watch him and his new found favorite toy go over to the gate where he hollers down to his two buddies John and Stephen about this amazing thing he want to share. So in the end by bag of cars have one less car but the laughter of Den Den and his buddies from Heaven's Waiting Room can be heard as the siren sounds.

No comments: