Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Process of Saying Goodbye







I entered the house with the acknowledgment that little Naomi kept flirting with Jesus. As I entered the house to make a phone call I was surprised and overjoyed by being handed little Naomi, she has become my girl. I was trusted with the fact that she was dying and that she might leave during this time with me and would I be okay? Yes, I would be okay; me and Naomi have this running list of things I need her to tell my Sarah and such if she does decide to leave this earth. So, as we spend time together I watch her body slowly shut down. I realize now that there is limited time of holding her here and having to hand her to our Jesus and I am okay with that, because if she has to leave this earth she is going to go to Jesus being loved and with lists.

No comments: